moderated Re: maintain Word formatting when copy-pasting documents into messages

Maybe. But this doesn’t help my group members and doesn’t explain why it comes out fine in gmail. It’s invisible after the Word doc is created, edited, and otherwise futzed with until the member seems it acceptable for posting. Then, voila, all their hard work down the drain when they see how the post appears.

On Sep 1, 2019, at 7:43 PM, Ken Schweizer <kensch888@...> wrote:

Hi J,

It is a Microsoft Word idiosyncrasy. When you press Enter Microsoft Word thinks you want to create a new paragraph. It's the (IMO) stupid default behavior to then put a gap between the two lines and I haven't been able to find a way to go back to the old, normal, word.

If you want to simply put a single line between the two press SHIFT + ENTER rather than just Enter. There are several Macros that will do it automatically for you, but you should be proficient in VB to implement them.

As to the other formatting issues I "believe" it is an Internet thing. We had the same issues when trying to copy a Word outline to Yahoo groups. In order to get a pseudo indent, I had to replace the spaces with a "." (dot or period).  Maybe someone who is familiar with the way the Internet handles multiple spaces can answer your question better than I.

Ken

“You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ―Chuck Yeager