moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Glenn Glazer

On 8/30/2019 21:13, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Changes to the site this week:

  • CHANGE: The email bounce returned when sending a message to a group you're not subscribed to had a link to the /join page, which if you are logged in, would bounce you to another page. Removed the /join part of the URL.
  • INTERNAL: Updated Facebook API integration to use their latest version.
  • API: Added googleloginstart and googleloginfinal endpoints.
  • API: Added facebookloginstart and facebookloginfinal endpoints.
  • NEW: Enterprise groups now support single sign-on (currently only by Auth0, others by request).
  • API: New logout endpoint.
  • API BREAKING CHANGE: All POST endpoints now require a csrf field. The new csrf_token in the login object should be used for this.
  • API BREAKING CHANGE: API endpoints have been moved to https://groups.io/api/v1. The old endpoints will remain up for a month.
  • API BREAKING CHANGE: The API is moving from Basic Authentication to a cookie based authentication. The existing Basic Auth tokens will continue to work until they expire.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mark

I'm curious, Mark. Does the API have many programmatic clients outside of the groups.io infrastructure itself?

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.