moderated Re: +Owner Email a Preference or a Permission?

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 10:38 AM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
One: the Permission - That allows the moderator ....
Two: The (Subscription) preference/setting that the Moderator has control of.

I wouldn't consider this an inconsistency.
No, it is an inconsistency. If something is a permission, I can't give it to myself. It must be given to me by someone higher up.

You would not call a variable that can be set by either the member or the owner (for example, a member's overall delivery preference) a "permission" just because someone higher than the member (a mod or owner) can set them.

This is just a slight inconsistency, but I think it does hint that during implementation, Mark had on one side of his mind the idea that this setting is actually a permission. Unfortunately, in another part of the implementation (the actual editing of the setting), it behaves as a preference rather than a permission.