moderated Re: +Owner Email a Preference or a Permission?

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 01:38 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
To add to the inconsistency and/or confusion: Last night I changed two moderators' subscription options (or email delivery options, whatever you choose to call them) so that they will receive all owner email, and log entries were created to the effect that I "changed their moderator permissions."

So bottom line, it is currently logged as a permission when changed by a group owner, but it *acts* like a subscription option becuase the moderators have the ability to change it themselves. Whatever is decided regarding the desired policy (permission or subscription option), this is currently a slight inconsistency in the system.

Confusing it can be - no arguments there.

However, the way I look at it, there are two different bits of data that determine how the feature works.

One: the Permission - That allows the moderator ....
Two: The (Subscription) preference/setting that the Moderator has control of.

I wouldn't consider this an inconsistency.

--
Gerald