moderated Re: New moderation setting proposal #suggestion

They’re not analogous because of the magnitudes involved. The “price” of putting a member on full mod whose common issues are with new topics is probably an order or magnitude greater than the “price” of putting a hijacker on full mod. In the former case, putting someone on mod who tends only to create “bad first posts.” you’d end up having to possibly approve dozens of appropriate replies just in order to catch the relatively few bad topics they start. Hence the separate category makes sense. In the latter case, putting a hijacker on mod has the relatively low price of having to approve the much smaller number of topics they presumably start.

Yeah I don’t “know” that a hijacker or anyone else replies to many more topics than they start. But I think we can assume that.

On Aug 28, 2019, at 3:55 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 06:44 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I see those as not analogous. But go for it.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/18123

Bruce