moderated Re: New moderation setting proposal #suggestion

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 02:59 PM, Duane wrote:
Exactly.  If they start a new topic, everything is fine.  It's when they use reply for a post totally unrelated to the topic they've replied to (hijacking the thread) that a problem occurs.
Oh, I see. But how often do they start topics as opposed to replying to other topics? Presumably an order of magnitude less? And if so, what would be the real downside in simply putting them on moderation?