moderated Re: option to send calendar event reminder or resend

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>

+1 to this.  It would be super helpful to manually trigger invites, whether to someone who lost the invite or who joins the group after the event was scheduled.

It would also be very helpful if there was an option for new subscribers to automatically receive invitations for existing calendar events, and for unsubscribers to receive cancellations.  You can fake this today by scheduling reminder emails prior to the event, but it would be helpful to have it happen automatically (particularly for recurring events).

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
...or in one case, a person who wants to RSVP, uses only email, and can't find her original calendar invite email. There's no way of resending the email to her so she can RSVP that way.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:41 AM J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
It would be especially helpful to be able to send a reminder or "re-invite" to selected recipients, e.g., people who mentioned in some other context that they're going or are interested (specifically in this case, a chat before the event was finalized) but have not RSVP'd. Sending the re-invite or reminder selectively would prevent it going out to the whole group again, in cases where you don't want it to.

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171