Re: Members Removed for Marking Messages as spam AUTO-Message suggested modification

Bob,

I doubt your sample would be as valid as a non-technical group's.
The groups in question were non-technical (high-school classmates). As I said though, too small to be a meaningful sample. Alas, I don't seem to have retained the notifications.

You are making assumptions here; So pMY assumption is that Mark was
smarter than that and that the link must be executed on the
SUBSCRIBER's device.
I didn't make any assumption about what Mark might do, I simply pointed out that it is an issue with the proposal.

That said, testing for whether the link was referenced on a given member's device might in the general case be a thornier problem than you imagine, especially in groups like mine where most members have interacted solely by email.

If a Premium or higher owner/Moderator wished to bypass needing the
link thy could,given the necessary permission level, simply re-direct
subscribe the subscriber.
That's a good point.

I don't know whether such re-subscription would "resume" their subscription (keeping their identity and settings intact) or give them a new subscription, but for most email-only members the differences is not important.

Shal