moderated Re: the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

Glenn Glazer

On 8/17/2019 11:40, Jim Fisher wrote:
It seems to me that most participants in this discussion are making unjustified
assumptions about how other people reply to emails. Some people routinely top
post, leaving sometimes too much (as assumed by some here) but sometimes a
properly trimmed quote which they wish to be included under their reply. On the
other hand, on one quite busy mailing list I'm on (not a group) top posting is
frowned on but very often a complete topic of many messages is left at the top
of the reply. My feeling is that control of this sort of thing should be left
to group admins, with no attempt by the system to enforce any particular
approach.

Jim Fisher

Hear, hear!

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.