moderated Re: the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

Mark,

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 09:08 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
it behaves differently if the message you are replying to contains a signature or not. If it does not, and you bottom reply, it does not collapse the quoted message. If the message you are replying to does contain a signature, it does collapse the quoted message, but keeps the 'On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:59 PM Mark Fletcher .... wrote' part.
That's very interesting, because it's nearly exactly what I was requesting - namely, collapse only if sig is included (to avoid the confusion I experienced in reading these kinds of messages).

Anyway, glad you reverted the change.