moderated Re: the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

Hi All,

I just did some tests using Gmail. Interestingly, it behaves differently if the message you are replying to contains a signature or not. If it does not, and you bottom reply, it does not collapse the quoted message. If the message you are replying to does contain a signature, it does collapse the quoted message, but keeps the 'On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:59 PM Mark Fletcher .... wrote' part. In general, Gmail is pretty aggressive about collapsing signatures.

I've reverted the change. If it is causing confusion, like with Duane's group, I don't think it's worth it.