moderated Re: the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

Glenn Glazer

On 8/16/2019 18:24, J_Catlady wrote:
Glenn,

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 06:19 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
That's like saying that the frame isn't a relevant part of a portrait.  You are critiquing something using a criteria which is not based on its purpose.
I think any prior signature should not be included in a quote one is responding to. Doing so creates the essence of the problem I've been experiencing with these messages. If you want to make reference to the person you're responding to, you can add an addressee, as Shal does (and as I am now doing for the strictly technical purpose of subverting the collapsing), and/or you can leave the attribution created by the system ("xyz wrote..."). Sigs don't belong in quoted text IMHO.

Your attempted subversion failed. I do not see my own sig line in the message.

In general, I believe it is up to the writer, not the reader to determine what their message content is.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.