moderated Re: Sending messages as +owner #suggestion

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

Actually, my question was rhetorical. I am saying that a Moderator does not have the ability to change what Owner messages they receive unless they have the "Set Moderator Privileges". There may be some other combination I am not aware of, or Mark may have granted you super-powers, but here is what I see when I tested.

I tested with two different accounts, each in their own browser. I made certain to refresh the browser view after I made a change in the other browser.

Here are the views of the Moderator's privileges as seen by the Owner (left) and the Moderator (right). Note that the Moderator 's view(right side) does not have any option to change the setting to view Owner's email .

Here are the Owners (left) and Moderator's (right) view of the setting with the "Set Moderator Privileges" enabled. Now, the Moderator can change the settings.

--
Gerald

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 04:44 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
No.

On Aug 13, 2019, at 12:41 PM, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 08:38 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
If that's truly the case
I just verified that this is the case and think it needs to be fixed. I myself am a mod in one group where apparently the owner didn't want me receiving owner emails and checked "none" for that. Yet I can go into my subscription and change it so that I get them. I strongly feel that this is not right, or at least is misleading to the group owner, who is given the impression they can control it. It should either be changed so that only the owner can control it, or make it clear that the owner does not control it, and preferably the former.

Not so fast. Did the Owner give you the "Set Moderators Privileges" permission? If you have that, then as a Moderator you can change your setting for receiving Owner emails. In fact, as that Moderator, you can also change the Owner's settings too.

--
Gerald