moderated Re: the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

Sarah k Alawami

I'd say give that a try and see how we like it. Sounds good to me.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 13 Aug 2019, at 16:01, Shal Farley wrote:

Mark,

Should we collapse quoted parts in this case as well (ie. only one quoted part and it appears at the top of the message)?

I vote yes, given that reading in Topic mode is mostly the default and in that mode the quote duplicates the (or a) message above it. Even for Message mode, opening the ... is no problem.

In Digests eliding a top quote would present no different difficulties than does the current practice of eliding a bottom-quote. Both easily solved by clicking View/Reply Online in the message footer, assuming you're willing to be logged in or it is a group with Public archives.

Shal