moderated Re: the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:57 PM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I'm noticing that after the fix to not wrap signatures into ellipses, there will often be a message (like Gerald's in the previous thread) where the entire prior message is quoted at the top, *including the signature*, making the reply look as though it's empty. This seems to be happening frequently. Often I'll read what seems to be a reply to a message, but can't find the reply. It just looks like a repeat of the entire previous message. The reason is that my brain stops scanning for content after seeing a signature.

Are you referring to this message: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/21883

Currently, we only collapse quoted parts if the quoted part appears at the end (ie. the person top posted). Should we collapse quoted parts in this case as well (ie. only one quoted part and it appears at the top of the message)?