moderated the fix to including sigs in text went too far ?

I'm noticing that after the fix to not wrap signatures into ellipses, there will often be a message (like Gerald's in the previous thread) where the entire prior message is quoted at the top, *including the signature*, making the reply look as though it's empty. This seems to be happening frequently. Often I'll read what seems to be a reply to a message, but can't find the reply. It just looks like a repeat of the entire previous message. The reason is that my brain stops scanning for content after seeing a signature.

If the signature could be left out when the entire prior message is quoted at the top of a reply, that would be helpful.