Re: Members Removed for Marking Messages as spam AUTO-Message suggested modification

It happened just 2 days ago that a member was spam-removed from my group and never got the resubscrbe email. This happens all the time, “distinct” or not. I finally contacted her today from personal email (prodded by the discussion here, actually - I’d formerly given up doing that) and she wanted to get back in. She’d never received the link.

On Aug 11, 2019, at 10:13 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Bob,

... they may or may not notify the subscriber.
Almost certainly not, other than by showing the Spam (Junk) folder as holding unread messages.

But in that case, the provider will definitely reject any messages
from groups.io.
You probably mean quarantine (deliver to the Spam folder) rather than reject ("bounce"). But either result is far from certain. A notice from Groups.io is technically distinct from a group posting in many ways which may be significant to an inbound service's spam filter. On the whole it may be much more likely to be delivered to the member's Inbox.

Shal