moderated Re: Message edit in archive #suggestion

That's true. I just go back to my gut feeling, and common understanding of "edit," that this is the wrong treatment for an edit rather than for a new message. However, given that the edit in this case does create a new message (at least in email), maybe it's not so bad.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:08 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 09:31 AM, Duane wrote:
Since you don't allow members to edit a post, it shouldn't make any difference if it's only effective with Save and Send.
Not so. Moderators don't always save without sending.
I just wonder about consistency from the user's perspective.
It seems there are conflicting statements here.  If a moderator uses Save and Send, then those on email will see the change, but those who read online won't unless they go back to old messages.  It should be consistent if anything is changed, so that Save and Send updates the posting information as well as sending the email.  Save Without Sending would update neither.  As long as it always works the same way, it should be relatively easy for moderators to learn or be trained.