moderated Re: Message edit in archive #suggestion

I don't even think "save and send" should update the position as the default. I think it should be an explicit option, because I don't think it is normally be expected per the standard meaning of "edit," which is not usually understood to mean "create brand new content." The origin date of the content is the date of the original message. My two cents. I'm pretty sure we're just rehashing a prior conversation.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 7:49 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 09:12 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
we have disabled editing because everyone was editing their posts many times in a row, which caused a big mess. (Yeah, we asked them to minimize it but they couldn't, or they didn't really get the message about why they shouldn't do that.) We, OTOH, make people send a new comment with any edits that they may have.
So if "Save Without Sending" didn't update the positioning, that would work for you (and exceptional cases for me.)  A "Save And Send To Group" that did update positioning would work for me.  Are there situations needed that would combine other possibilities?