moderated Re: Message edit in archive #suggestion

Well, since it's not happening, that seems like a decision! :)
Seriously: I think it would be unacceptable to do this as the default. Sometimes very old messages are edited (at least in my group) to fix something small.
Also, editing a message, post, comment, article, or story does not typically move that content to the top of the space in other media.
So although I would not be opposed to having an option, which actually sometimes might be handy, I think doing it as the default would be a big mistake.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 6:56 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 08:35 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Often in our group, edits are very minor. And also, often they are saved without sending.
I could see a Save Without Sending not being updated because only moderators can do that.  But when an author makes the change, it must be sent, so should get a new date/time as far as positioning.  I encourage users of my groups to edit rather than double post, so this would be very useful to us.  It helps to keep things coherent instead of having multiple short posts in a row by one person.

I believe this was discussed before, but don't remember a decision being made.