moderated Re: banned members notified they're banned when try to log in - I thought this was stopped?

Mark just informed me that this has now been fixed as well!

On Jul 22, 2019, at 2:26 PM, J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

Thanks, Mark. I did email you some examples. I think Notes do correctly appear in the Past Members list but didn’t use to. However, Owner Messages currently appear only in the Banned Members list, and not the Past Members list, so you still have to ban a past member of yoh want to see those. Hopefully that can be fixed, too.

Call me
J the Snoop
🐱

On Jul 22, 2019, at 2:01 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Well, this topic has unfortunately taken on a life.

I'm not sure how keeping/referring to information about past users could be considered snooping or be in any way illicit. The Past Members list is a feature of premium groups that several people asked for, and seems pretty useful to me. What J has been doing was trying to work around a perceived limitation of the feature. I think that limitation has already been fixed, but I certainly can't fault her for doing what she did and I don't think she was doing anything wrong.

Dano said some things I agree with:

I'm saddened in a way to see how beta has changed in the last year or so. The more I read, the more I hear people trying to tell other people what they should and shouldn't be doing.

This also bums me out. I will definitely take some blame and readily admit that I'm not the best moderator; perhaps I could have steered things better. I would appreciate it if we could turn the group back to a more positive, helpful place.

I also read more and more discussions of technical things and the use of terms and acronyms that are undefined in the discussion, which push many non-technical people out of discussions.

I will take some of the blame for this, like my PSPTubes mention earlier today. If I ever use an acronym that isn't clear, please call me on it.

Also, I may not have explicitly said this before, but I will here: If I don't respond to a feature request or a question, please don't read anything into that other than my plate/inbox is overflowing. You can take comfort in knowing that you join an elite group of exceptional people who have not gotten responses from me. Be assured that I do read everything. In light of my not-very-exceptional inbox management skills, feature request bumps every once in awhile are fine.

I think it's important to remember that we all have the same goals here: to make Groups.io better, and to have free donuts on Sundays. Or at least one of those goals. I appreciate and am grateful for the passion in the service that has led all of you to be here.