But I do think in the interest of transparency, that people should be notified they are banned if they try to log in, it seems like a different issue.

However, it's not a huge deal.  I guess if someone left my group and didn't respond to my repeated requests/questions about why, I would take it as a sign they no longer want to interact and I wouldn't bother trying to find out more.  But that's me.

Barb

On 2019-07-22 01:23 PM, J_Catlady wrote:

It's irrelevant. I may look at their history even if thy DO answer the question are.

On Jul 22, 2019, at 10:21 AM, Barbara Byers <babmay11@...> wrote:

If you want to know why they leave the group, why don't you just ask them.  It does seem creepy to snoop around after not telling them they were banned.  Just MHO, so I would NOT be in favor of keeping it from the people you've banned.

Barb

On 2019-07-21 01:03 PM, J_Catlady wrote:

Wow. This has nothing to do with punishing them for not responding. In the interest of my group, I simply want to see a record of their interaction, and any notes I or another mod might have made in their Notes page, to better understand why they left. This is not "nosying around after them." This is an attempt to understand why people may be leaving the group, and which people might be leaving and why, The information is available, and this is simply a technical issue. The banned members list retains more information than the past members list.

Your criticism is inappropriate.
On Jul 21, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Helen <helen@...> wrote:

I'm gobsmacked that you use the ban function in this way. If people don't wish to respond to your goodbye message, that's their prerogative. IMO nosying around after them in other ways is inappropriate and abuse of the feature.

Helen