moderated Re: banned members notified they're banned when try to log in - I thought this was stopped?

Yes, Dano misunderstood. The original request was to change something that’s seemingly a bug, or minimally an oversight, to conform with what was the majority opinion here, and Mark’s subsequent agreement and decision, namely: not to notify members when they are banned from a group.

The rest of it  - the consequences of the oversight with respect to my creative use of banning - is meaningless and could have been left out. The fact that I’m using banning as a workaround is meaningless and irrelevant.

The request is to make the system consistent with respect to not explicitly notifying members when they have banned.

The implicit request to make the info in Past Members conform to the info in Banned members is a reiteration of many requests I’ve made here and given up on, because it seems that because of the way the various lists work, that’s been too hard to implement.

I’m done referred to last night. It’s a whole new day in which to fight more misconceptions and misinterpretations! 😊

On Jul 22, 2019, at 9:30 AM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 03:21 AM, D R Stinson wrote:
I see a lot of piling-on here, and I don't understand why. What you're suggesting, Bruce, is what I interpreted as what J was asking for in the first place.
The original message is https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/21683. I quote it verbatim:

"Is it possible to fix this but [sic] changing it back to what it was (i.e., people are not informed they're banned from a group)?"

This request still strikes me as a bastardization of an existing work-around, and eliminating the need for the work-around strikes me as a more appropriate course of action. If that's piling on, consider me a piler...if you agree, then I don't see where the problem is.

Regards,
Bruce