moderated Re: banned members notified they're banned when try to log in - I thought this was stopped?

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 05:11 PM, Helen wrote:
There is nothing wrong with trying to see why somebody got banned.
There is also nothing wrong with trying to see why somebody left a group, which, despite Dano's misinterpretation, is what's being discussed. It's one reason premium groups may use the Past Members list. There is simply a mismatch of information between the Past and the Banned list, because of some implementation problem. This is nothing more than a technical issue.

I don't monitor my members, never mind former members,
I certainly don't "monitor" members, let alone past members, either. I do like to try to get some idea of why someone leaves my group. In a group of 3,000+ like yours, that is probably not feasible. In a group one-tenth of that size, like mine, there can be a more detailed approach. There is nothing wrong with either one. My objection is to the adjectives, the accusation that I am being nosy or (worse) abusive by taking an approach that differs from the hands-off one you prefer.