moderated Re: banned members notified they're banned when try to log in - I thought this was stopped?

There is nothing wrong with trying to see why somebody got banned. That is not the reason for this thread. The OP was not trying to see why people had been banned, she was banning them herself because she discovered that doing so enabled her to find out more about former group members who had had the temerity not to tell the group owners why they had left the group.

I don't monitor my members, never mind former members, which is one reason I objected to the approval of new members notices stating the applicant's location. As I said in the thread about the change to new member notices, at least have the courtesy to let people applying to join groups.io that their location will be shared with the group moderators, and now it appears they could also be told that that some group owners keep notes about their members, which remain accessible even after they have left. I wonder how that ties in with GDPR...

Helen