moderated Re: banned members notified they're banned when try to log in - I thought this was stopped?

With your logic, the entire existence and use by moderators of the past members page (available only to premium groups) must qualify as abusive nosying around as well. I’m sorry you feel that way. Use of the past members list to note facts about past members is a completely appropriate way to gain better information about how a group is functioning.

On Jul 21, 2019, at 10:03 AM, J_Catlady via Groups.Io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wow. This has nothing to do with punishing them for not responding. In the interest of my group, I simply want to see a record of their interaction, and any notes I or another mod might have made in their Notes page, to better understand why they left. This is not “nosying around after them.” This is an attempt to understand why people may be leaving the group, and which people might be leaving and why, The information is available, and this is simply a technical issue. The banned members list retains more information than the past members list.

Your criticism is inappropriate.
On Jul 21, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Helen <helen@felineckd.com> wrote:

I'm gobsmacked that you use the ban function in this way. If people don't wish to respond to your goodbye message, that's their prerogative. IMO nosying around after them in other ways is inappropriate and abuse of the feature.

Helen

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu