moderated Re: Direct Add/Invite/File Sync changes

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 03:05 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I am eager for the same changes to be made for Rejected Subscription.
A concrete example in real-time, today: I need to reject a pending subscription sent by someone from a second email address. To do that, I need to go into Member Notices and make "duplicate application" the "active" rejection notice; go back into pending members and reject the subscription' and then go back into Member Notices and either edit that notice to remove the "active" designation, or make a different one the active one. This needs to be done, by hand, every time you reject a subscription. Since rejecting a subscription is under moderator control and not triggered automatically (like leaving a group or applying for membership are), I see no reason for an "active" designation requiring all of these contortions. Just let mods pick the notice at the time they do the action. I think this reasoning applies to all events under moderator control, rather than ones triggered by members requiring a notice to actually go out automatically. There's no need for an automatic, and therefore no need for an "active," notice in these cases.