moderated Re: Thread merge issue

Thank you for the clarification, Bruce. It has only become a problem for me very recently, not as long ago as January.

I have countless members who think that their every thought merits a new thread with a new subject line. Previously I would use my lovely Moderate First Message option, change the subject line to match their existing thread, and lo and behold, their post reached the group and the correct thread and everybody was happy. Now, if I change the subject line to match an existing thread, a new thread is created and I have to go and merge them. Alternatively I have to reject them.

I wonder if it might be possible for threads generated in such circumstances (i.e. first message moderated/subject line altered by mod) to thread automatically into the existing thread, but perhaps that's not feasible.

Thank you.

Helen