moderated Member List Synchronization Automation #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

Here the situation for several of the groups I run: in order to be able to join the group, the person must be a member of a particular organization (which one varies by group, of course) and they are only in the group as long as they are a member of the organization. Periodically, due to elections and such, the membership changes fairly dramatically.

I know I can download the group membership as a spreadsheet, do some sorting and comparisons, and then add the new ones and drop the old ones.

What I would like to request is that this be automated because this sorting and such can get very tedious for large groups. Instead, what I would like to see is the ability for the group owner or moderator to upload a CSV (heck, I'd do JSON or even XML) using a special group function and thenĀ  the code automatically goes through the membership list dropping those not in the CSV and adding those that are in the CSV and not in the group already.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.