moderated Re: Thread merge issue

Bruce Bowman

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 04:06 AM, Helen wrote:
Previously, as long as I changed the subject line to match their previously running subject line (which in most cases is only a day or hours old), the new post would merge. Now, it starts a new thread even if I change the subject line to match. Not sure if this is deliberate or a glitch, but I'd like it to go back to how it was if possible please.
Helen -- I suspect the auto-merge by subject line is working for emailed messages but is not working for messages someone posts online. The threading algorithm works differently online vs email (Ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/12491). Please be advised that this "problem" was addressed once before, but the outcome didn't work very well; to the point that the change had to be reverted (ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/28941927#19464).

Regards,
Bruce