moderated Re: Email Privacy

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 11:59 AM Patti Woodbury <deserthorses@...> wrote:
I see the thread I replied to is old, lengthy and became argumentative so thought it best to start fresh.
I’ve just spent several days working with others to set up a health-oriented education/discussion/support group only to realize that the email feeds don’t scrub individuals’ email addresses. Otherwise the functionality is exactly what we need.

For a true anonymous group to work, even through email, we'd have to run an anonymizing email forwarder (replies to messages would be to a special, per individual, groups.io address, which we'd then have to forward to the original sender). I'm not saying we can't do it, but I am saying it's a bit of work. I don't see it as a priority right now.