moderated Re: Click all box for moderator permissions #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 6/24/2019 23:50, Chris Jones via Groups.Io wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 04:47 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I logged on as a mod with all privileges and was allowed (at least according to the checkboxes available to me) to remove or demote an owner.
I was rather hoping that nobody would flag this up publicly, as it provides an opportunity for the mischievous and malicious to dislodge owners for no reason;  IIRC there hav been queries either here or on the GMF that could well have arisen because a moderator had demoted an owner.

Rather a whopping vulnerability.

Chris

True, but security through obscurity never works in the long run.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.