moderated Re: Click all box for moderator permissions #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 6/24/2019 18:01, J_Catlady wrote:
I just double-checked, and it's possible to have a mod with all permissions who's not classified as "owner." So what is the difference - what does an owner have that a mod with all permissions doesn't have?

If nothing, then perhaps the answer to the request is to just make these mods owners, and for the system to make the equivalence as well - i.e., when you give a mod all permissions, they automatically turn into an owner.

But there must be something that an owner has besides a mod with all permissions and I'm missing something.

I think there is a slight difference around group inheritance and the takeover of abandoned groups. But you're right, I hadn't thought of making them owners mostly because I wasn't previously aware that there could be more than one owner.

Best,

Glenn

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.