moderated Re: Controlling rw permissions (files section)

Dano,

If I have to jump out to another page to flip that switch and then
come back, I am much less likely to see differences that I should
notice.
I agree.

Which is exactly why I suggested a location that is visible on every page of a group.

Another problem in this discussion is that someone dragged in some
jargon and not everyone knows exactly what it means.
I think your objection is spurious; Jonathan adequately explained what the terminology implied. Hopefully my post would help there too. I didn't rely on the reader knowing what sudo does, I explained my proposal without jargon.

Shal