-------Original Message-------

From: Helen
Date: 6/22/2019 3:46:36 PM

IP addresses may be available to the host (groups.io in this instance) but not routinely to a user of that host IMO. These are groups, not online shops or banks.

I haven't had to deal with a fake member for years but in such cases I would deal with that person without needing to invade the privacy of the thousands of legitimate members, for whom I have zero interest in whether they really are located where they say they are. But then I'm quite quaint in this modern age in that I am a big fan of online privacy, which is one reason why I don't insist upon people's real names when they join my groups.

Helen