moderated Re: Pending subscription message now including location/other info

Duane

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 11:50 AM, Helen wrote:
I find this grossly intrusive. I can see where people are to the nearest small town, which may be helpful for local associations, but which for my international groups is frankly irrelevant. And their OS is their business, not mine. For certain groups (e.g. certain heath issues), this could even put people off joining.

I vet people via the requirement to respond to a questionnaire, which works just fine. Any way to turn this intrusive monitoring off please?

If it must be on, it should be made clear to applicants that this information is being sent to group mods.
Most, if not all, of this information can be garnered from many email headers, just takes a little more digging.  Since only Owners (or moderators with sufficient permission) will see this, I don't understand how it is intrusive.  According to the original post by Mark, even if it were removed from the online headers, it would still be on record at Groups.io as a source of troubleshooting and security.  I actually like being able to see it, though I seldom look.