moderated Re: Pending subscription message now including location/other info

I find this grossly intrusive. I can see where people are to the nearest small town, which may be helpful for local associations, but which for my international groups is frankly irrelevant. And their OS is their business, not mine. For certain groups (e.g. certain heath issues), this could even put people off joining.

I vet people via the requirement to respond to a questionnaire, which works just fine. Any way to turn this intrusive monitoring off please?

If it must be on, it should be made clear to applicants that this information is being sent to group mods.

Helen