moderated Re: fix toggling of alpha column-order vs which column ordered by #suggestion

Mark,

That sounds perfect and I will check it out later.

On Jun 21, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

Without some reasonable amount of work, I can't make it so individual columns remember their settings. The problem is that when sorting in a database, sorting most recent first on a number (ie date) corresponds to sorting from z to a on a string. I'm sorting the same 'direction' according to the database, but it looks like the opposite to you.

I've made the following change on the members page. If it's at least sufficient for now, I'll propagate it elsewhere. Now all columns default to a-z sorting, except Joined, which defaults to most recent first. This is almost the same as when we started this quest two days ago, but at least the default sort is more appropriate per column. Please let me know what you think.