moderated Re: fix toggling of alpha column-order vs which column ordered by #suggestion

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 05:50 AM, Andy W wrote:
Hi Shal,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 05:10 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
As it is now, Joined/Applied has mysteriously switched to oldest first.
I don't see this. If I go to a member list, the default order is the most recent join/applied entries at the top of the list.
What I want is for each column to retain its own direction, independent of changing the direction of any other other column.
Agreed.  If I click the Display Name, Email or Delivery column headings, the list is sorted in reverse alpha (Z-A). All we have asked for is that to be the other way around (A-Z) to start with and if the column heading is clicked for a second time, it goes Z-A.

Regards,
Andy
I agree with what Shal said about each column remembering its own direction. That resolves the issue of the "to start with" quandary. It will be whatever you left it at last. What it starts out at is immaterial.

To summarize further, one click to change to sort of a different column. Further clicks on the active column will toggle the sort direction for that column, and hence the table as well.

Life gets more complicated depending on how many sub-levels one wants to incorporate for breaking ties in the primary column. Ideally, it might be all columns with the last used column being the secondary key and next last used column, the next key and so on. In reality, probably one sub-column sub-level should be enough.

--
Gerald