moderated Re: Group home page redesign

Marv Waschke

This is a bit late. As a general principle, I think hashtags are a good feature, but for some groups, they are an unnecessary complication and best not used.

When one of my groups moved to groups.io, I tried to promote the value of hashtags and a few people used them for a while, but within a few weeks, they all quit and I quit promoting them. As a result, hashtag counts show up on the home page, but they are deceptive since none have been used for a couple years. I suggest that you set up a rolling window, i.e. only show counts for the past 12 months or whatever threshold seems appropriate.

Sorry for chiming in so late.
Best, Marv