moderated Re: Group home page redesign

My understanding was that Mark’s comment applied to the redesign, not the current design. We can no longer see the redesign in anything but the beta group. Maybe he will clarify.

On Jun 15, 2019, at 1:08 PM, Michael Pavan <michaelpavan@comcast.net> wrote:

On Jun 13, 2019, at 8:28 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

If you want to get rid of the hashtag section, and don't use hashtags much, you can always go in and delete your existing hashtags. That'll make that section disappear.
I have Admin: Settings: Message Policies: Hashtag Permissions
set to:
"Posts by subscribers can only be tagged with existing hashtags, new hashtags will be removed"

I then deleted the existing hashtags, so there are no hashtags.

However the Homepage's Hashtag section did not disappear. It is still there above the Message History section as:
Top Hashtags [See All]
When you click on "[See All]" it says:
"You have no hashtags"

What is the point if Hashtags have been deleted and are prevented, or will the Calendar still automatically add Hashtags?

Hashtags are an important and valuable part of many groups; I think displaying them nicely is a good idea. And it gives prospective members an idea of the various topics discussed in your group.
If you use them...

Also, if you delete all your hashtags, then the new Hashtags dropdown in the Messages pages will disappear as well.
The Hashtags dropdown in the Messages pages did disappear.