moderated Re: Group home page redesign

Samuel Murrayy

On 2019/06/14 01:28 AM, Duane wrote:

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 05:28 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:

The goal is bring more information to the group home page and make
it more dynamic.
Optimally for me, and others based on their comments on GMF, I'd be able to turn all of this off for my groups.
I agree. In fact, it may be counter-productive to show the "top" or "most recent" threads on the home page. It can create the wrong impression about what sort of content is most common in the group. If the new home page UI is finally finished, and showing the most recent threads is optional, I'll definitely disable it.

I understand the urge to put as many little curious and interesting bells and whistles on the home page as possible, to make it look nice and fun, but the home page should first and foremost be *useful* and serve its main purpose.

Samuel