moderated Re: Group home page redesign

Leeni

First if a group is set to only have members see the messages-archives, all of the additional information that is going to be featured in the "new" look will not be seen by any prospective members. It will only be seen by members already in the group and they already know what messages were sent because they read it in their email. My groups are basically email groups.

Prospective members will just see a shrunken home page which they have to click on to see the rest of what the group is about.

Now I don't look at MY homepage very often except to get links for posting to send out to members, but I do look at other group's homepages quite often when I am thinking of joining another group.

Now I refer my members back to my group's home page frequently when they are sharing something that shouldn't be shared or ask what should be shared. I give them the link to the homepage and ask them to check it out. So the homepage the way it is now works nicely for my groups and the circle of groups I associate with. 

Leeni

-------Original Message-------

Date: 6/13/2019 7:32:57 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Group home page redesign

Hi Duane,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 4:28 PM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

At the very least, I'd like to see all of the 'new' items moved to the bottom (below Group Email Addresses) and the description restored to full view.  Optimally for me, and others based on their comments on GMF, I'd be able to turn all of this off for my groups.  All of the information I see, except for Top Hashtags (which I'd rather not have anyway), is on the Feed page and I'd rather not have it cluttering the Home page.

Out of curiosity, do you regularly look at your group home page? And if so, why? I think of the group home pages as advertisements to prospective members. Making them look nice and displaying useful information helps give prospective members a better idea about what a group's about. As a group owner, I never look at my group home pages at all.

Thanks,
Mark

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.