moderated Re: Paid vs free policy- request

Donald Hellen

Mark . . .

On Tue, 21 May 2019 22:57:49 -0700, "Shal Farley" <@Shal>
wrote:

If you really want to have Groups.io directly make in-kind donations to
politically partisan organizations I'm not sure what to suggest. I
appreciate your openness on this subject, but I don't know how to
reconcile that with an apolitical group's need for a service that is
feels welcoming to all of its members.
Shal has a point, but I think you could support that organization
behind the scenes. Instead of advertising on GIO that you will give
free premium group status to their members, just let them know
directly and not on the pages of GIO.

I don't really care myself about this, but looking at it from an
impartial viewpoint and how some have taken offense to it, if you let
the organization know what you are willing to do for their members
through their newsletter, you would achieve your goals and not get
others upset over what you're doing.

Donald

Join the Icom group, a general Icom (amateur radio) discussion
group on Groups.io:
https://groups.io/g/ICOM (recently launched, growing slowly)
**also, a new self-help group dedicated to your cat's health:
https://groups.io/g/CatVet (just launched)