moderated Re: Paid vs free policy- request

Hi Shal,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 1:40 AM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

For example, I run groups here related to my high school classmates, and
to my children's PTA unit. The members of those groups undoubtedly hold
a wide mix of political views. If some fraction of my group members feel
uncomfortable using this service for reasons that have nothing to do
with the agenda and content of my group then I have a problem running
that group. In the case of the PTA group it is conceivable that PTA
bylaws could be cited to prohibit me from running the unit's email list
here.

Is the issue more that a group that perhaps not all of your members like is mentioned on the pricing page, or is it that I would support that group at all (myself and Groups.io being basically the same thing)? I certainly don't want to make group owners' lives more difficult. But I also have my beliefs and would like Groups.io to support things I believe are good. What changes would you propose?

Also, I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned the list of group subjects I explicitly don't allow (like anti-vaxxers, alt-right, conspiracy theories, etc). I guess I'm not clear how the two wouldn't raise the same concerns.