moderated Re: Need help figuring out a policy on this

Glenn Glazer

Is it not the case that Mr. X made Mr. Y an admin, either directly or via some chain of people that Mr. X made admins? If so, this strikes me as entirely Mr. X's problem for trusting people that he shouldn't.

There's no programmatic solution to this, it is a root of trust and people problem.

Best,

Glenn

On 5/20/2019 21:51, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,

4+ years in, and I've avoided anything like this so far, but I need help crafting a policy for the following scenario. It involves a Yahoo Group that was transferred. The Y!Group has been deleted, and I don't have the original transfer records anymore. This anonymized email lays things out:

I'm writing to inform you that I understand that Mr X was removed as list moderator by Mr Y.
Mr X was the original owner of the list, and now Mr Y has removed Mr X as a list member.
I was removed some months back for [REDACTED and not important]. I don't fully understand how Mr Y stole the list from Mr X, probably because Mr Y was assisting with moderating. I have known Mr X for nearly twenty years and I know him to be a fair and honest person.

I need a policy for how to handle a supposed group hijacking. Also, suggestions for features to make this more difficult in the future would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MarkĀ 

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.