moderated Re: Paid vs free policy- request

Maria

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM, Barry Winer wrote:
Thank you, Mark. And, thanks to all of you who help manage and support this forum. Beyond the web and keyboards, groups.io matters quite a lot and that importance and relevance will only grow with time.  Personally, I hope Groups.io becomes as big and successful as the founder and owner wishes it to be.
Amen. Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth - am losing count... THIS!

And all the other points Barry made.

I will add one more point: after what Facebook allowed 3rd party companies to do with user data, and everything we now know about how that company's data was used, how it was a platform for fake news and much more, I completely support a private for profit business like groups.io making whatever upfront and out in the open decisions about whose premium fee is waived. In the future, Groups.io could be adding other organizations to that list for free upgrades - and that's fine. Organizations need a viable alternative to facebook. One they can trust - and everything else Barry said in his second paragraph.

Maria