moderated Re: Paid vs free policy- request

Mark,

I'm happy to continue discussing, but beta probably isn't the place for it. I'll be locking the topic soon.

I happen to agree with the OP Ken (Kloeber) on his point, and would be happy to share my reasoning. If not here, where? Does beta need a subgroup for such side discussions? Or do you prefer to take them individually and privately?

I also happen to agree with him that beta is an appropriate place for having made his suggestion: it would be an improvement (in my eyes at least) to the Groups.io service to avoid putting such offers (or any other form of discrimination) on its official pages (cf: Excluding selected members from Yahoo Group transfer). However, I also agree with you that beta may not a good place a detailed discussion of why it is or is not a good suggestion or even an appropriate suggestion.

Shal