moderated Re: Paid vs free policy- request

Glenn Glazer

Ken,

I think it is "VERY inappropriate" of you to tell Mark how to run his business. This is not a feature request you have made. Mark solely owns and operates groups.io and as others have remarked, it is his to run as he so chooses. If he chooses to support a cause, that's his business and it has nothing to do with how a groups.io group functions.

Best,

Glenn
P.S. The attempt to suppress political speech is, in and of itself, political speech. So you are doing exactly what you claim to be wrong.

On 5/19/2019 19:50, Ken Kloeber via Groups.Io wrote:
Mark,
I became aware of this from a discussion on the GMF:

Is your group associated with Indivisible? Please contact support, and we will upgrade your group to Premium for free.

VERY inappropriate!  And suggest/request it be removed. Or rename the io platform to make it clear that it is a politically oriented platform.

If you want to support or promote ANY political agenda you should do so privately and not via policies on io. Yes, it’s your baby but it should remain neutral.  The members’, users’, and paid or unpaid groups’ leanings, left right center up or down, is their own business, as YOURS should also be.

And BTW, it’s no indication whether I support (or don’t) Indivisible

--
We must work to make the Democratic Party the Marketplace of Ideas not the Marketplace of Favors.

Avast logo