moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

Michael Pavan

• CHANGE: Improved the format of the event reminder email.
The addition of:
"Upcoming Event: "
to event reminder Subject lines is excess verbiage, which along with the:
[Group Email Address tag] Event Name, Day, Date and Times, and the hashtag #cal-reminder
makes for rather long Subject Lines, for example:

[beta] Upcoming Event: Event Name - Tue, 2019-05-14 7:30pm-9:45pm #cal-reminder

[GroupManagersForum] Upcoming Event: Event Name - Tue, 2019-05-14 7:30pm-9:45pm #cal-reminder

No need to differentiate from past events unless reminders are being sent out for them too.

For events occurring now, I would suggest adding "NOW" would be better, if anything is desirable. It is short, and would only have to be done for what I suspect are relatively few reminders. Personally if I have to be reminded of something when it starts, I'm already late... However I wouldn't begrudge anyone who would want that.